Author Topic: Unable to recognize linkstation anymore no ip address taken from router?  (Read 2630 times)

geofla

• Calf

I have a HS-DH500GL LinkStation and it has been running on my network for about 1-2 years. But suddenly I am unable to access the LinkStation. The drive is now constantly beeping with the the error flashing of ( 4 red flashes then a pause, which I believe is the fan?).

I also noticed the green power and activity lights are on and flashing? Yet the LinkStation is not "grabbing" an ip from my router? I tried the navigator software as well, but it could not "see" the LinkStation either?

Is the fan really the problem? Would it dissable itself from the network based on a fan issue? I attempted to contact support and they told me to upgrade the firmware, but  I can't do that since I don't see it on the network?

Any ideas would be very appreciated.

thanks

-george 

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to recognize linkstation anymore no ip address taken from router?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »
The E04 error means that the device cannot find the kernel, that is, the heart of the operating system. Try booting the device up, wait 20 seconds, then hold the power button down until it shuts off. Do this three times, then boot it normally. This should get the device to boot into emergency mode, which will allow you to flash the firmware.