Author Topic: LS PRO DUO: need assistance using an UPS correctly  (Read 2597 times)

peternie

• Calf
LS PRO DUO: need assistance using an UPS correctly
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:11:49 PM »

Dear All,

First I want to confirm, that the APC ES 550 UPS-system is working with the LS PRO DUO.  

Today I tested the UPS. The LS shut down after the configured time of 30 seconds. At the same time the red diag led starts flashing permanently and didn't stop after completly shutdown.

What does this mean ?

LS has the power switch "ON" but didn't start up after power comes back. What is the best way to start up the LS again ? Switching to off and back to on seems not to be working. Only unplugging the power cable from the wallet seems to be working.

Is there an issue because the power wallet deliveres power between the shut down and the return of power ?

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter 

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: LS PRO DUO: need assistance using an UPS correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
The units that have been tested for compliance with the NAS drives are the APC Smartpower line UPS, these should work without issue, other APC lines may or may not have issues. The constant error light usually indicates that it is running a disk check on the device. If there are any pauses in that blink (IE: 1 long 2 short blinks...) it could mean a few things. Is it a constant blink or does it have that pause?

peternie

• Calf
Re: LS PRO DUO: need assistance using an UPS correctly
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:01:28 AM »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. The UPS works fine. The red LED in the middle (!) starts flashing when in UPS-service is active. Afterwards the machine shut down correctly, everything fine.

The UPS still delivers power (red ! didn't stop flashing permanently). Afterwards the normal power comes back.

Therefore for a "normal" LS without any UPS the system seems to be plugged in a wallet without any poweroutage. I think this could be the reason why the system afterwards didn't start up again automatically.It's like a normal shut down.

Or is there no possibility to start up after power comes back ? I think if the UPS isn't able to deliver any power (after half an hour or so) and then the power returns the system must start up because its like an unplug and plug in of the power cable ?

Peter