Author Topic: Cannot log into my NAS control panel I but can log in through FTP  (Read 4169 times)

attroll

• Calf
I have been getting the message that my NAS has a new firmware update.
I tried logging into my NAS so that I could to the upgrade, but it will not let me.
I know I have the right username and password.
The reason I know this is because I can still FTP into my NAS with the username and password, but it will not let me log into it with my NAS control panel. It keeps telling me “User authentication failed”.
I have tried it through a normal connection and a secured connect and still cannot get into it.

I contacted Buffalo and they said I must reformat the NAS and start over. I find it hard to believe because I can still FTP into it with the same username and password.

Has anyone else had this problem and found out how to get logged in without formatting the NAS and starting over?

This is what Buffalo said:
The only way to reset the password on your TeraStation model would require deleting all of the data stored on the drives. The reset button on the TeraStation 5000 models has been disabled to prevent unwanted access to the data and settings on the Buffalo NAS.

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
Re: Cannot log into my NAS control panel I but can log in through FTP
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 01:33:08 AM »
du you tryed admin?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 08:47:09 AM »
I believe @oxygen8 is correct, you need to be using the admin account for the web interface if you aren't already.

If you don't know the password I made a post a while back with a method for resetting passwords on the Intel devices:
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=27646.msg94144#msg94144

attroll

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 10:50:51 AM »
I have solved this problem.
I rebooted the NAS and then I was able to log into the admin section of the NAS.