Author Topic: External drive  (Read 7727 times)

edualc

• Calf
External drive
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
   I have a BRHC6316U2 external drive that doesn't work,(don't record Blue-Ray nor play HD-DVD) it was exchange, and the new one is worse, it doesn't even play regular DVD's what's wrong with the design of that external drive. PS_ it was hooked up in two different PC, with same result, on one of them I have an internal Blue-Ray writer drive (Sony) and it works perfectly.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: External drive
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:28:43 AM »
What software are you using with it?

lorengray

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
   I have the same issue, (more or less) loaded all software supplied with the unit, (Kills the monitor, makes it into 'snow' have to hard boot after) went to this site to download the 1/2 gig 'Drive Navi 1.4.0' won't load gives an error msg "this software may only be installed with a DV-ROM" so here are all the variations I tried, from a cd, dvd-rom, dvd-rw, network file, flash drive, native drive -- nothing. This is on an XP machine with 'scuzy' drives, so I tried the same variations on another XP box with RAID drives, So I tried it on a vista box (ultimate with media center as well) I tried it with the provided software in all the same machines listed as well, result from all of it? .....nothing. if it didn't crash the graphics, it just froze, sometimes recognizing the blue-ray disc name sometimes not, all times it could not recognize the format. Call this sites tech support, had me download a 'toshiba driver' to recognize the blueray format, driver would not load on either XP box, said I did not need it for the vista machine, media player would not play, media center would not play, nothing is working about this unit. If this forum can not assist, its going back in the box and back to the store, please help this last requested effort, thank you

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »
There is an easy way to "trick"installation of the Toshiba UDF2.5 driver on non Toshiba PCs, so it maybe "safer" to download it from Toshiba support website:

1.) Unpack it.
2.) Start setup.

It will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You'll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You'll find two files:
thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select "Install".

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.      

Message Edited by Paul on 11-12-2008 12:51 PM