Author Topic: TS5800 issues  (Read 1497 times)

wizowor

• Calf
TS5800 issues
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »

I am installing a TS5800 and am having problems with setup of users.

1: When trying to access a share using Windows Explorer, I keep getting access denied no matter which user I try including the admin account. The unit is set up using workgroup authentication and each user has been given at least read access to the share.

2: When trying to access using FTP, the only user I can connect with is the admin. (Other users are denied access.) When using the admin account, I can only see /mnt/array1. I assume my share is a subdirectory of this, but I can't get to it or see it.

I've noticed that when I create a new user and try to save it, I get the user name in red and if I mouse over it, I get a "An error has occurred" message, however the user is still created. I don't see anything wrong with what I entered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: TS5800 issues
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:11:17 AM »

firmware?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

wizowor

• Calf
Re: TS5800 issues
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »
I installed the latest firmware yesterday and still have the problem. I'm wondering if it's because the unit is not a member of a domain but the computers trying to access it are?