Author Topic: Buffalo NAS can not be reached via Buffalo NAS.com- and it's port forwarding  (Read 4266 times)

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

I had the webaccess to the NAS working and reachable thru BuffaloNAS.com then something happened and it stopped working. I was the only one on it so I'm positive the configuration didn't get changed.

I have port forwarding correct for port 9000 on both the Uverse and Linksys router

Config is
-----Internet--------Uverse box with portforwarding ----------------------------linksys dd-wrt with port forwarding--------------------------------------Linkstation NAS

I currently have ------internet--------- Uverse box with portforwarding ---------------------Wireshark-------------------linksys ddwrt with port forwarding--------------------------Linkstation NAS

The trace at the wireshark shows the NAS receiving and responding as follows;

Inbound to NAS--SRC port (random PC port between 45000-55000) Destination port (9000)
outbound from NAS--SRC port (9000) Destination port (random PC port between 45000-55000)

Questions:
1. I thought the NAS places both ports to 9000 via config. How is this getting changed?
2. Uverse blocking on outbound port? I can not configure it to open all the way the config is being rejected by Uverse 3800-HGV-B

thoughts, ideas, suggestions....HELP!!!

nas info;
LinkStation™ Pro Duo - LS-WV2.0TL/R1
Firmware version:1.57

sethz

• El Toro

First off, there is a 1.60 firmware on our website http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/downloads

Secondly, try resibmitting your info through the web interface and see if that helps.

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

Hi- I see that and can download it- Hopwever my MAS at 1.57 says it's the latest and i do nto see a way to manually update it.

To boot- pardon the pun, no shut down option as per the manual

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

I found that the upload file has an executable that loads it.

I upgraded to 1.60 and made the connection simple

---BIG I------Xfinity -------NAS

I tried forwarding ports and UPnP.  No Dice- dropped all firewalls- no Dice.

Jeepers---what the heck--I am very IP literate

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

FYI- Buffalo support said not fixes in port forwarding in 1.60

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

Definitely the NAS is FUBAR.  Intenral network test fail with UPnP and Portforwarding

took screen shots- telnet confirms the ports are closed.  Rebooted NAS- still closed

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

Yes...I looked at the docs and had firewalls dropped

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

Last chance today for good ole' Buffalo tech support to fix getting to their NAS to respond to a simple internal web access request.

Looks like it's going to be Synology DS212+ and some 256GB SSD's- 2x the price but Synology supports PPTP and Open VPN- none of this friggin DNS voodoo BS to get in remotely

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

If you reapply the web access settings do you get an error message? If so then what is it?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

PURRFECTPCS

• Calf

It went back to Frys over a week ago- Got a Synology DS212+ for about $100 more- well worth it.

Has VPN, directory level permissions............and it actually works

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

Good for you :-D

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!