Author Topic: DLNA compatibility ?  (Read 69707 times)

say170

• Calf
Re: DLNA compatibility ?
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 11:13:30 AM »
   Paul, I do not have a PS2/3.  I have an audio receiver - Onkyo.  What more do you need than my above post. 

say170

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2009, 11:19:31 AM »
   Another thought.. since the LS-CHL's are supplied with Twonky, is that Buffalo admitting that PCast as supplied with the LS-DH does not work?  If that's the case, will Buffalo replace my LS-DH with a LS-CHL?
Message Edited by say170 on 01-05-2009 11:19 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 11:23:47 AM »
That is not the case, we are at this time gathering information to update the firmware.

micjust

• Calf
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 05:03:47 AM »

ThankYou Paul for that reply… sounds promising.

Isent my spec already, though the PS3 firmware was not there. It is the latest2.53 

Ihave now installed the Twonky Media Manager to my XP Laptop and routed themedia files to my Media Shared folder in LSL. Everything works well and I cansee and play all files through PS3 and Nokia N95. So I'm really waiting for theupdate as the Twonky Media Manager trial ends in 26 days and I don't want tokeep my Laptop on all the time...

Yes,I'm too from The Nordic countries of EU ;-)

Cheers, 

Katten

• Calf
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »

Here are my specs:

(all bought in europe)

Linkstation Live: HS-DH500GL

500 gb (7% usage) 

Host name: HS-DHGL624

Firmware: 2.10 (pre-installed)

Media-folder name: Share

Media Servers: Enable

PCast password disabled

Media list: automatic update

Purchased: July 2008

(*Works properly, have never had any errors. It streams music to my computers.)

PS3:

40 gb europe version (no ps2 game compatibility) 

Software: 2.53

Wireless network connection (100% strenght)

UPnP and MediaServer enabled

Purchased: December 2007

(*Works fine, used to stream easily from my previous Linkstation Live with FW 1.06)

Router:

D-link Di-624

Authentication: WPA-PSK (TKIP)

Firmware: 2.42

UPnP enabled

(*Works fine, never had problems)

As many others, my PS3 succeeds to recognize the Linkstation; It appears as a little gray icon under 'music', 'videos' and 'photos'. But whenever I click on the icon the message says: "No files found"

Good luck with the firmware update.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

can some on upload a few AVI files that do not work to an ftp server for me

ftp://209.252.83.162/buffalo/upload/

user name is buffalo

password is buffalo

bigrob

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »
   Hi Paul I would upload some for you but the ps3 finds no files at all, so I am not that far along to be able to have a problem viewing a specific AVI file :)

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 04:29:14 PM »

Smallest file will work, we have several people working on this.

thanks

Pablo

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »

Linkstation Live: HS-DH500GL

Host name: HS-DHGL624

Firmware: 2.10

Media-folder name: MusicPic (USB unchecked)

PCast password disabled

Media list: (tried both automatic and manual update)

Limit DLNA: disabled

Purchased: May 2008

PS/3 software version 2.53

My issue is that I had it working (intermittently), then updated the firmware on my linkstation (it crashed for some reason during a refresh of my media), and now I can't get it working at all.  Not sure if it had a different version on it.   It finds the linkstation, but says there are no files (music, pictures or video).

cjbrown80

• Calf
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »

Hey everybody!

I haven't checked into the forum in a while (mainly because every time I think about this problem, it makes me want to kill myself!) Not really.

So when Paul says several people are working on this now, it sounds like they've started tinkering.

I'm curious, has anyone at Buffalo sat down with a PS3, a router, and a LinkStation and made a lil' DLNA network to experiment with? That should mimic the problem we're all having and be a nice way to start.

I also would just like to clarify what somebody said (bigrob maybe?) that the issue is not with a specific type of media file (codec, container, etc..) it is with ALL files and file types. The PS3 will not recognize anything at all from the LS. It shows up on the PS3s menus, but claims there are no files on the drive.

lp

• Calf
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2009, 02:40:48 AM »

Hi

I am new in this forum and have faced similar DLNA problems described in here. I have had HS-DH500GL about 4 months and streaming stopped working after PS3 firmware upgrade (2.40 or something). I am sure Buffalo engineers have already aware of this (?), but it may be worth to take a look what has been written in the Twonkyforum about this problem: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5307

So the problems maybe the same with Buffalo configuration (?)

Copy from my friend´s QNAP:

====== 

/twonkymedia/resources/clients.db

ID:060

NA:PS3

HH:PLAYSTATION 3 *** THIS LINE USE TO BE WRITTEN *** PLAYSTATION3

DB:FIX

XM:DLNA10

XM:DATETIME

DL:MP4DLNA

HP:chunked

MT:mpeg,mpeg2,vdr,spts,tp,ts video/mpeg

MT:m4a audio/mp4

MT:avi,divx video/avi

AV:no-m3u

=====

Well, there is also another features to be fixed with the next Buffalo firmware, but this is the most irritating one...

bigrob

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »

cjbrown80 is right in order for me to offer a files that dosn't work the ps3 would have to see the file, my ps3 see's nothing not photo, not video, not mp3,

nbuquet

• Calf
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:27 AM »

Hi,

I have a Live station and I have just flashed it to 2.10 and I can now confirm you that I have DLNA issue with my PS3. It was not the case before with firmware 1.06.

As firmware 1.06 is still available on the french site, do you think I can downgrade the firmware back to 1.06? Did some of you try?

Also I found that the last version of the firmware is the japanese one (here

http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:LSLive). Did you try it? Is that soving our issue?

Thanks a lot!

BR

robaveli

• Calf
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

My PS3 is able to connect to Media Server on link station but it is not consistent. Only about 50 mp3 files show up, only in folders B-K.

LinkStation:
Model: HS-DH500GL
Firmware: 2.10
PCast settings:
Media Folder: MyMedia
PCast Password: Disabled
Limit DLNA Client Access: Disabled
Update Media List: Automatic Update

PS3:
40GB, Firmware: 2.53
UPnP: Enabled
Media Server: Enabled
Internet/Intranet Connection: Wireless

scotgarrison

• Calf
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »

I found something Interesting.  I connect to my LinkSatation via a PS3, WMP11, Itunes and several other DLNA/UPnP devices I am testing.  I had similar problems with all methods.  I was able to see my music but that was it.  All my devices see the folders -- but just like the issue everyone is reporting with the PS3 -- "No Files Found" is what I am experiencing.  As I have the latest and greatest versions through out the house, I have isolated my issue to the folder structure. 

I have a Share folder and under it I have Music, Pictures, and Movies.  Each one of those folders have sub folders for organizing the content.  When I set up the Media Service on the Linkstation I pointed it to the root of the Share folder.  From all the DNLA devices, as I mentioned, I was able to access the Music.  However, no Pictures except for the Album Art that was located in the Music folder.

So playing around I pointed the Media Service directly to the Pictures folder.  Voila! There they were on the PS3, WMP11, and Itunes.  As expected there was no Music since I was pointing one level down in the structure.  I stopped my testing as I find it unacceptable that I would have to dump all content into one directory/folder and loose the ability to organize by subfolder (I am not even sure it would work if I dumped all content in one folder ).  If reading off the root of the Share will only detect the Music that is a serious flaw in the design.

I know I can simply create a network map to each folder but that defeats the purpose.  I bought the device for the ease of use so anyone in my family can access the media content without having to create shares everywhere.  Unless Buffalo can resolve the issue soon it is back to Circuit City for a refund.  I should have stuck with my original plan to build the NAS myself or at a minimum spent the extra dollars and purchased a bare bone box like the Thecus 4100.  Heck my modded XBOX is a better solution at this point.

I do hope Buffalo can fix the problem or tell me what boneheaded mistake I have made in my setup.