Author Topic: TS1400R not joining AD domain  (Read 3104 times)

na7ty1ce

• Calf
TS1400R not joining AD domain
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »
Hi,

A while back, my company bought a TS1400R series TeraStation.  We have not been able to get it to join to our AD domain.  We consistently get an error stating "Participation in the Active Directory domain failed.  Check the settings of the Active Directory domain and check the Administrator username and password."  We have tried many different things, including trying different DCs and putting the domain before our admin username, but we still get this.  I followed all of the instructions in a previous post: http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=24052.0.

Just wondering if I could possibly get some help from someone.

Thank you

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: TS1400R not joining AD domain
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Is SMB1 disabled on the DC?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

na7ty1ce

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:34:19 AM »
As of right now, it is enabled.  Should I disable it and give it a try again?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
Make sure the unit is on the latest firmware. Is this a standalone domain or part of a forest? Have you verified that the primary DNS server is set to the DC?

Another thing to try in this case is to turn on SMB signing: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff633425(v=ws.10).aspx

na7ty1ce

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:48:54 AM »
Make sure the unit is on the latest firmware. Is this a standalone domain or part of a forest? Have you verified that the primary DNS server is set to the DC?

Another thing to try in this case is to turn on SMB signing: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff633425(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks for the reply.  It has the latest firmware...I just verified that.  Also, we have a standalone domain, and yes, the primary DNS server is set to the DC.  I also turned on SMB signing as you suggested.  It still will not connected to the domain.

Any other ideas?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »
At this point I have to suggest contacting tech support for further assistance. They'll likely need to pull system logs to see what's happening.

na7ty1ce

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »
At this point I have to suggest contacting tech support for further assistance. They'll likely need to pull system logs to see what's happening.

Not a problem.  Thanks for the replies!