Author Topic: TeraStation PRO will not set correct date/time  (Read 2096 times)

Minok

• Calf
TeraStation PRO will not set correct date/time
« on: March 18, 2022, 01:22:33 AM »
In the bizarre modern compute world, the easiest of things take for granted, technology suddenly fails to do.

I've got a Terrastation Pro ( TS-RHTGL/R5  ) that has been running just fine in my rack for many many years.
As of a month or so ago, it will not take the correct date and time.  The Terastation thinks it is 2006.

If I go into the web interface -> Basic -> Date and Time Setup, I see it there as 2006.
I can select "Use Local Time" (which fetches it from the PC I assume), and it fills in the fields correctly (2022 .. etc).  Clicking [Apply] then sends the screen into a blank page holding pattern (with the Buffalo banner on top, just a blank white panel) which eventually times out and is back at 2006.

Enabling NTP (which I had disabled a while back as the Terastation was reporting errors)  which is pointed at time.nist.gov, gets me no where, there it also hangs when I press [Apply] and wait for the web interface to reload.

How can this simple task be so bizarrely off the rails?  Can anyone clue me in on how setting up the TeraStation Pro to properly get and keep the date and time in 2022 is possible?  I don't want to keep having files getting created with dates of April 2006, when it is in fact March 2022 today.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: TeraStation PRO will not set correct date/time
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 08:54:45 AM »