Author Topic: Unable To Select Backup Source - Buffalo Link Station Pro NAS 2.0 (Web Admin Interface)  (Read 1802 times)

soundlux

• Calf

Hi - I am new to the forum.  Trying to backup files from my Vista Laptop to -- Buffalo Link Station Pro NAS 2.0

I have a home nework Verizon Wireless using an ActionTech Router.  The computers on the network are windows based with Vista as the operating system.

So far I have installed the Buffalo Link Station Pro NAS 2.0 on the network and the web Admin Interface on one vista laptop. 

Using the Web Admin Interface, I attempted to create a backup job with the intention of backing up a folder from my vista laptop to the Buffalo Link Station Pro NAS 2.0. What i did was as follows:

?

1. In the Web Admin Interface, I click on the [System] tab

2. Then click on the [Backup] tab

3. Click [Modify Settings] in [Search for Backup Destination by Password]

4. I entered the [Password to Search] for the folder that is the backup destination.

5. Click [Create New Job]

6. For Job Name - I use "Test" ; For Backup Schedule - I selected "every week" ; For Backup Date - I selected "Sunday" and "01:00", For Backup Operation Mode - I selected "Normal Backup"

7. I Click [Add} in the [Backup Folders] menu

Now I am at the point where I have to select the the Source and Destination Folders.

For [Backup Source], I am only presented with the default share that came with Link Station Pro and the shares that I created.

I am NOT presented with a choice of folders that I want to backup from my C/ Drive to the NAS.

For [Backup Target], I do get a choice of the shares I created to which I want the backups to be stored.

My Question is, what do I need to do so my web interface identify my C drive and associated folders as the Backup Source instead of the shares on the NAS as the only backup source?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks ---- Susan

soundlux

• Calf

Thanks -- You have been a great help!!

Susan