Author Topic: Linkstation Duo - I can't access  (Read 5277 times)

marcozeus

• Calf
Linkstation Duo - I can't access
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:06:05 PM »

Hi,

my product is LinkStation Duo LS-WX2.0 TL/R1 and after and energy problem it entered into EM mode. Following the FAQ section I updated the firmware (via LSUpdater.exe 1.33) with version 1.42- 2.63.

After the update, I can see it into NAS Navigator 2 correctly but I can't see the share nor the mapped drive unit. I'm trying to access into web configuration but every user/password data I use doesn't work. I tried admin/password but nothing. I followed the faq and forum articles about the reset password process to back to factory default values but doesn't work (the information about the Linkstation seems the same).

I don't what can I do to fix the problem. Anyone could help me, please?

Thank you very much

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Duo - I can't access
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »

This is an issue that has been reported to Buffalo Corperate. Basically if a unit goes into EM mode randomly and you update to 1.41 or 1.42 then the default username/password will not work and you cannot access your files or interface. There is no resolution right now and I am waiting to hear from Buffalo.

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »

wow :mansad: that's incredible.

Does exist any way to access via telnet or ssh with root user or something similar to try to create a new admin user?

What can I do? Does exist a official support channel to contatc Buffalo? Can I access via USB?

Jotin, thank you very much for your reply and your effort, you are a very kind man.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »

marcozeus wrote:

wow :mansad: that's incredible.

Does exist any way to access via telnet or ssh with root user or something similar to try to create a new admin user?

What can I do? Does exist a official support channel to contatc Buffalo? Can I access via USB?

Jotin, thank you very much for your reply and your effort, you are a very kind man.

I assume you keep some sort of backup?! I've been looking into this issue, you should be able to recover the unit but the data will be erased.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »

Hi davo,

no, I didn't any backup :( but I's very hard for me to believe there isn't any solution because I can see (via NAS Navigator) that the amount of file (% used) is there but I can't access due to a user doesn't work properly after a procedure described for this case.

Of course, you are right and backup is very important:  I learned the lesson... I'll buy a second unit.

Do you think that it could be useful to mount the HDs into a linux system to try to save the data?

Thank you for your support. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »

marcozeus wrote:

Hi davo,

no, I didn't any backup :( but I's very hard for me to believe there isn't any solution because I can see (via NAS Navigator) that the amount of file (% used) is there but I can't access due to a user doesn't work properly after a procedure described for this case.

Of course, you are right and backup is very important:  I learned the lesson... I'll buy a second unit.

Do you think that it could be useful to mount the HDs into a linux system to try to save the data?

Thank you for your support. 

Yeah definately, if you have any understanding of linux you should be fine, or use UFS explorer in Windows.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »

ok, after that how can I reset the linkstation?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 04:34:59 AM »
I'll post a ** possible ** solution later. I need to get a few files together.

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »

ok Davo, I'll wait your feedback.

Many thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »

I am also working on this with another tech here so hopefully between all of us we can get a fix.

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »

thank you very much Jotin

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »

Hi,

have you any news?

thanks

kealii74

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 11:48:24 PM »

HELLO!  I am also waiting for a solution.  It's been almost 2 weeks since my NAS decided not to allow me to log in to the web utility, even with the default admin/password combination.

What's going on???!!!!!???

marcozeus

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »

Hi,

it's a bad situation. I hope in this forum help...

tvdewulf

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »

Still waiting..  Any resolution to that problem with the EM mode firmware update corrupting the login credentials?