Author Topic: Unable to delete files - The operation can’t be completed because the item “xxxx” is in use  (Read 1262 times)

benjie

• Calf

Hi,

I'm really hoping some of you might be able to help me with this problem please.
I have a 4TB Linkstation Duo NAS drive which I'm using to store media files.
I have set up the LS Duo in RAID 1 array and have a folder named MovieFiles which is read & write and into which I drag and drop my movie rips, before deleting them from my Macbook.
I have tried to delete some of the files from this shared folder on the Linkstation Duo, however every time I try and do so, I am given the message "The operation can’t be completed because the item “xxxx” is in use." 
Can anybody tell me why this message is appearing and how I delete these files please?
I'm also a novice, so a simple explanation would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

Buffalo Linkstation Duo (LS-WX4.0TL/R1-EU); Macbook Pro; Mac OSX 10.6.6; Firmware 1.34

Jotin

• Big Bull

First  you need to update to 1.41 using a PC. Second, is the media server enabled and is annoyone streaming the vide you are trying to delete? If they are streaming it you will not be able to delete it. Was the file that you are trying to delete transfered over to the linkstatation using the same Mac that you are now trying to delete the file with?

benjie

• Calf

Thanks for your advice regarding the update, I'll  try and find a PC I can use to do this.

In response to your questions, the media server is disabled and the files I'm trying to delete aren't being streamed.

I transferred these files to the Linkstation using the same Mac I'm trying to delete the file with.