Author Topic: Any thoughts on why mp3's not showing on server?  (Read 1596 times)

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
Any thoughts on why mp3's not showing on server?
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »

Linkstation LS-Ch1tl, media server service being used by Xbox 360. When I go into my xbox and try to play the songs using the media server function from the linkstation it will only show certain songs. Out of overy Genre there are a few hundred missing. Is there any specific format of mp3 that these missing files might be?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Any thoughts on why mp3's not showing on server?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »

What firmware are you running and what is the date that it shows for the DTCP-IP on the left hand side or your LinkStation's web admin page?

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:26:04 AM »

Thanks for replying Jotin, here is the info: Firmware Version 1.56, as far as the date of DTCP-IP I dont see that anywere. I have DHCP disabled and have a static ip assigned. Is this what you mean?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »

http://lswvlgui.jotinproductions.com/

See how it shows the DTCP date on the left hand side of the unit? This GUI rip's DTCP-IP is out of date.

Your LS-CHL might not have this feature. You can check to see if it does. Go to extensions, then media server. It should be with the media server settings. I have not heard of any issues with some Mp3 file's not playing. I will try and see if I can borrow an Xbox and see what happens with the Mp3's on my unit.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »

Thanks Jotin, we definitely have 2 different units. My unit does not have the date on it, nor does it have a Squeezebox server option. Mine is just the Linkstation Live LS-CH1.0TL.