Author Topic: AD connectedTerastation just started asking for network credentials  (Read 792 times)

ScottPR

• Calf
TS3410D

so this morning, I'm checking the backups, and everyhting looks good. Except the last one, which has some odd error.  So I'm checking, and I discover that if I try to connect to the NAS with the UNC (e.g. \\buffalo1\Backup\) it's prompting for network credentials. If I connect by IP address, it's fine.  Now, I've checked: IP addressing, Time and Date, disconnected and rejoined the device to the AD, reset permissions, DNS, static adresses, hosts files, FQDN mapped the terastation's IP address on the terastation.  Also tried rebooting the Buffalo, and turning off access restrictions on the share. Nothing.

And I can't figure out why this suddently happened last night. Anyone else see an issue with name resolution?

ok, I seem to have somehow fixed it, sort of.  Domain admin and backup service accounts seem to be able to access on the servers, but I dont' have acccess on my PC, but that could be one a number of issues.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 09:48:43 AM by ScottPR »