Author Topic: Is there an error log for HD-H1.0TGL/R5? Keeps shutting down  (Read 2570 times)

badboykennedy

• Calf
Is there an error log for HD-H1.0TGL/R5? Keeps shutting down
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »

My HD-H1.0TGL/R5 keeps shutting down automatically every few days. I have automatic shutdown enabled, but when I bring it back up there are no red lights and everything seems fine. Is there an error log somewhere or anything else that might give me a clue as to what the problem is? I can't seem to find anything.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Is there an error log for HD-H1.0TGL/R5? Keeps shutting down
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 01:14:35 AM »

"I have automatic shutdown enabled, but when I bring it back up there are no red lights and everything seems fine."

I'm confused, is it not shutting down when it should and just shutting down randomly?  Did you mean disabled, because I don't think the original TS had automatic shutdown  (unless you mean for the UPS or raid error protection)..  From what you describe it seems to be working as it should.

badboykennedy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »

With the settings I have, it is apparently shutting down due to a raid error. It shouldn't shut down for any other reason.

It has a "sleep" mode and a "Synchronize with UPS" setting that are both disabled.

The only setting I have enabled which would cause it to shut down is "Automatic Shutdown" in the "RAID Array Error Detection Response" section of the RAID Configuation settings page.

This just started happening in the past week or so. Since it appears to be shutting down due to RAID errors, I'm obviously concerned and just trying to figure out a next step. It seems like there should be a log file somewhere that would give me some kind of clue as to what the problem with the RAID is, or what the errors are/were, but I can't find any log anywhere.

Every time it happens I just power it back on, it does a disk check that takes a few hours, then it resumes normal operation at which point it will shut down again in anywhere from 1 to 24 hours.

badboykennedy

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »

Anyone have any ideas? Surely there must be a way to see what the errors are when the Terastation shuts down due to a RAID error?