Author Topic: Terastation WS5400DR2 shows E30 for all 4 drives, diag tools show healthy disks  (Read 1521 times)

buschman

• Calf
I have a WS5400DR2 running the latest 2.90 firmware with (4) 2TB Seagate NAS ST2000VN000 drives in Raid-5 configuration.

The system has been working fine as a daily backup in my home, so overall light usage. I did run Windows Update earlier today, it installed 4 updates and then rebooted.

Later in the day the unit started beeping, the display turned red and indicates E30 for HD1,2,3 & 4. The GUI shows each of the drives as Error as well and the red LED to each of the drives is illuminated in the Terastation enclosure.

I can log into the unit and have run chkdsk on the drives with no errors noted, I did not run the /f option yet. I went into Disk Manager and it shows each of the (4) Raid partitions as "Resynching (9%)". I have installed SeaTools onto the NAS and initial tests show all the drives are healthy, I am running the Generic Long test on all 4 drives now.

Anybody seen something similar? Any advice on what to do next, assuming SeaTools doesn't condemn any/all of the drives.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:00:15 PM by buschman »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
There is a fix on the Buffalo website for these false error reports.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

buschman

• Calf
There is a fix on the Buffalo website for these false error reports.

Thanks for the reply, I looked in the FAQ's and on their website but didn't find anything.

Do you have a link to this? Thanks!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

buschman

• Calf
Thanks. I'll let Windows complete the ReSynch process and if that doesn't solve it will try the Registry cleaner.