Author Topic: An error occurred while reconnecting X: to \\LS-WVLB9C\share - Windows 2004  (Read 1291 times)

The_Hat

• Calf
On 1/28/2021 when I upgraded my Windows 10 Desktop and Laptop to Windows 2004 it changed my ability to view my files on my Buffalo LS-WVL/E.

Prior to that date when I powered on either computer Both the Network Drive and the Mapped Drive icons showed the Buffalo LS-WVL/E was connected and I could easily view the files by expanding the “Share” folder.

Now when both computers have fully started up when I open File Explorer the Mapped Drive icon has a red X imposed on it and when I try to expand the folder I receive the error message “An error occurred while reconnecting X: to \\LS-WVLB9C\share Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use. The connection has not been restored”.

When I move to the Network icon and try to expand it I receive the error message “Windows cannot access \\LS-WVLB9C. Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose. When I click on “Diagnose” I get the message “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem.

How can I resolve this issue

celloshred

• Calf
Did you resolve this? Im having the same issue.