Author Topic: Help Please - Remote Access  (Read 6066 times)

nhBTS

• Calf
Help Please - Remote Access
« on: October 10, 2020, 05:34:18 AM »
Hi Guys

UPDATE - A day of Youtube and I got it sorted!!!

I am a complete novice at this. I have a Terrastation TS3210 which works great as a network drive in our small business office between 2 PC's

Now the challenge comes - we outsource some work to a colleague and we need to set up remote access. They need to be able to map to the drive as due to the software we use we all need to have the same path mapped including the drive letter. This is because we use design software that can be used collaboratively.

I have read loads on VPN, and have played with Softether but I have no idea really. I managed to get my laptop to remotely connect to softether and said laptop shows up Softether server, but then what LOL.

My other idea was to map a drive to buffalonas.com, but I don't know if this is a none starter.

I suppose this isn't a question about the NAS itself, but rather some guidance on where to start. I am more than prepared to watch as many YouTube videos as required, but would appreciate a starting point.

Sorry for the extremely newbie question.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 03:53:38 PM by nhBTS »

Gogoli

• Calf
Re: Help Please - Remote Access
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:46:16 AM »
Hi!

Just port forward your NAS ip on port 80 and you can access it with your public ip on remote (if you have a static ip) or add an dns service like noip or dyndns if you have dynamic ip