Author Topic: linkstation ls-xl partition details  (Read 5214 times)

Racey

• Calf
linkstation ls-xl partition details
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:59:23 AM »
Hi I have an ls xl  single 1Tb no frills type. had issues with the hard disk so tried a restore through it's own configuration page. I know this takes a while so I left it for 3 days nothing happening so did a restart  but unable to connect to share folder at all. I tried many ways but no use. A friend advised me to remove the disk and reformat it this I did refitted the drive and then was in emergency mode asking for firmware update. this I did and it came up with a message that it may not of been successful and to reboot the drive. this I did however it is now not seen by Nas-navigator or the firmware uploader  at all. have been told that the drive needs formatting with the correct partitions and in ext2 format. I need the partition info or a way to connect back to my PC, my PC is using Win 10. On another note, I have a spare 2TB drive is it possible this could be fitted? thanks.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: linkstation ls-xl partition details
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:50:57 AM »
2TB should work form a compatibility standpoint, though make sure the drive has similar power/temperature characteristics. I believe this is a device without a fan after all.

here's a post describing how to setup the firmware starting from a blank drive:
https://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0