Author Topic: NAS unaccessible and weird lamp function LS-QVL  (Read 1562 times)

veeco

• Calf
NAS unaccessible and weird lamp function LS-QVL
« on: December 29, 2019, 09:54:11 PM »
Hello,
i move to my new office and suddenly NAS does not working.. i already set the same network setting (ip addresses).. it turn out the LED shows something unusual..
the power button is blinking in blue
and the HDD tray shows green from HDD1, HDD2, HDD3, HDD4 then all blink together and start from HDD1 again (looping)

You can  view here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RM6YvIB3qM&feature=youtu.be

Problem, i can't shut it down... plug off electricity required, and i'm worried this will break the HDD inside.

Hope insights here..

Thanks

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: NAS unaccessible and weird lamp function LS-QVL
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 07:41:12 AM »
I would guess the pattern of lights means it’s doing a disk check (fsck).

Depending on the size/type of the array it might take a long time (hours, maybe even a day or two).

veeco

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 10:17:29 AM »
Thanks for your insight... i leave it check for 2-3 days... hopefully it solve soon... any idea to see/monitor the progress..

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »
I’m don’t think you can really see the progress.

You can try opening nas navigator and see if you can see the device. I know it usually doesn’t start the web interface until the check completes but I think it brings up the network. You may see useful info in nasnavigator.

If nasnavigator can see it it is also possible access a command line which you could use to verify that fsck is running but I don’t think you can really see how much longer it will be.

veeco

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 03:15:39 AM »
It's been more than 2 day, the lamp pattern still the same... suggest to wait for hard plug off ?

Thanks

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 02:25:34 PM »
it depends a little bit on the specifics. The amount of time it could take depends on the size of the disks and the speed the check can run at. Doing some math I could see it taking as long as 3-4 days without there being a major problem, though infinitely long if there is a problem.

I would first check if it shows up in NasNavigator or not.

veeco

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 10:43:28 PM »
Will there be a direct support from buffalotech ?
i tried to bring the device to local partner shown here http://id.buffalo-asia.com/support/center/ , the store is closed.

I'm left with no choice but hoping for direct support within this forum or from tech support @buffalotech.com

any clue where to start ?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 08:51:57 AM »
I've been hoping someone with more experience with the stock firmware on these devices would chime in. If you search previous posts on this forum you'll likely find folks who have had similar issues in the past.

The best way to proceed depends on a few things, most importantly whether you need any of the data off the device. If not I would remove the drives, wipe them, and run diagnostics on them to determine if one or more of them have developed bad sectors or other issues. Then re-install the firmware or Debian.

Obviously, If you do need data from the device you'll want to focus on recovering data before doing anything like that.