Author Topic: Duplicate and triplicate entries in music database  (Read 2523 times)

MikeRubin

• Calf
Duplicate and triplicate entries in music database
« on: May 28, 2016, 02:40:25 AM »
I have an LS-421de with 4tb drives in a RAID 1 setup and the latest firmware. I use the DLNA server to stream music to my Blu-Ray player. I have just noticed that some - not nearly all, but an annoying percentage - of the songs appear in the database two or three times, so that, when I browse an album to play it, I see its songs listed two or three times apiece.  There is only one copy of each song in the data folder, and no copy in the trashbox folder.

I would like to start over from scratch and reinitialize the entire database to see if I can capture only one entry per file.  Alternatively, I would like to delete the extra copies from the album display list manually. I can't figure out how to do this is the GUI. ("Reinitialize database" completes in a second or two, so I presume it's reinitializing the renderer database and not the media database. I have 2.5tb of music, so that isn't going to finish so quickly.)

Short of resetting the NAS, reformatting the drives, and copying over the music again, is there anything I can do to accomplish my goal of eliminating multiple entries for the same file in the database?

MiG174

• Tatanka

scofficial

• Calf
Re: Duplicate and triplicate entries in music database
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 07:32:55 AM »
Hey,
I am also facing same issue Duplicate and triplicate entries.
Any help will be appreciated.
Best Regards.