Author Topic: New to NAS need guidance  (Read 1955 times)

Harvey

• Calf
New to NAS need guidance
« on: October 04, 2022, 05:48:01 PM »
My wife and I recently bought a Buffalo Linkstation 220 and I would like to get it set up for both of us to access and to be able to share data.
We are starting a new company for her skills in payroll regulatory and operations and this NAS we are hoping will assist us in the work files and other communications.
But, I have been out of the IT world for over 12 years (retired aerospace systems manager), and evidently my old 81 year old brain is having problems remembering anything about small networking.
Anyone out there who can provide some guidance or point me to documentation that will assist me in getting both of our computer systems (Windows 11) up and running using this NAS device that was not cheap, but we felt it would provide us with a good repository and a solid ability to share files/documents and other computer data based functions.
Any help or advice will be gratefully appreciated.  Any information regarding documentation for setting up, configuring and other tasks in making this rather expensive piece of hardware become a valued resource will be also greatly appreciated.
With great gratitude,
Harvey
 :-[