Author Topic: Linkstation LS-WS2.0TL/R1 - No Shutdown link or button  (Read 1361 times)

slovacek

• Calf
Linkstation LS-WS2.0TL/R1 - No Shutdown link or button
« on: February 17, 2016, 03:39:19 PM »
I'm trying to find the proper way to shutdown my Linkstation. The manual says there should be a link if you right-click on the unit in NAS Navigator (there's not) and a link if you are in the web interface at the bottom of the left side (there's not).  I am getting a message that Drive 2 needs to be replaced immediately so I want to shut it down (properly) so I can take out the bad drive.  I don't want to brick the unit and lose data on the good drive.  What's the proper way to shut down in the absence of buttons/links that tell the unit to shut down?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation LS-WS2.0TL/R1 - No Shutdown link or button
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:40 AM »
Just move the switch to OFF!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: Linkstation LS-WS2.0TL/R1 - No Shutdown link or button
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:14:21 AM »
Yeah, that switch actually sends a shutdown message, it doesn't just kill power. So it's a graceful shutdown.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**