Author Topic: LS-CHL-V2 series drive stuck in EM mode  (Read 5340 times)

MarleneB

• Calf
LS-CHL-V2 series drive stuck in EM mode
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »

NasNavigator2: LS-CHL-V2-EMC9D   Ver. 2.25

"Workgroup: UNKNOWN

IP Address: 192.168.1.107

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254

MAC address: 00:24:A5:A4:5C:9D"

In red lettering, it states: EM Mode

I had to re-format my Laptop PC to factory settings. Subsequent to this, the Buffalo NAS drive has become inaccessable to all the PC's on the home (wireless) network. The text between "s is what shows in the NASNavi window. 

Many of the links in the FAQ pages return 'page not found' error messages.

This model of NAS Drive seem to be obsolete/ no longer in production. 

Any advice? Anyone?

MarleneB

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL-V2 series drive stuck in EM mode
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »

Further to the enquiry above, there does not seem to be any documentation available for this model...

I found a download for this model (Windows based - my PC still runs on Windows XP, Service pack 3), but it has a 'broken' icon that usually mean that Windows cannot open the file...

The downloads page (http://109.104.88.61/support/downloads/) also state: "Warning: red interface LS-CHLv2 only!"  What does that mean?

If I install this, will I lose any data on the NAS drive? Do I need to push in & hold any buttons on the drive while doing this?

I have NO computing expertise and know nothing of protocols, etc. that feature so heavily in all the support & help conversations :(

All assistance will be gratefully received...

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »

Download the 1.56 firmware from the link you outlined.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

MarleneB

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

Thanks Davo!

I have downloaded the zip file. I have read lots of instructions about installing the firmware. It sounds as if one has to follow a fairly exact sequence of actions or there is a chance of turning the NAS drive into a brick... I cannot take that chance. Is there a sequential list that sets out step-by-step instructions for how to proceed? I am much discomfited by the instruction that my firewall has to be switched off for the NAS software to work; I had been hacked by a nasty person and had NO END of trouble before I got that sorted.

Thanks for your help so far, I am much obliged. It was good to find out that I have been more or less on the right track.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 06:02:32 AM »

1. download the firmware

2. connect your pc/laptop into the same router as the linkstation

3. disable your anti virus and firewall software

4. unzip the firmware to your desktop.

5. run the LSUpdater.exe file.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!