Author Topic: Restructuring raid Array  (Read 4000 times)

JMRibault

• Calf
Restructuring raid Array
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »

After installing 3.09, my LinkStation ProDuo restarts with Array 1 (mode Raid 1) error and ask me to rebuild the array. 

But both check box are checked when I first enter the web admin/disk management??? how can I restore if both are defective?

Will a firmware update fix that ?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Restructuring raid Array
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
Is the option to restructure grayed out?  Are you getting any error messages?  It might be a good idea to try a force firmware update.

JMRibault

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »

I had no error messages prior the problem (my LS stay on all the time, I have many back-up running at different hours)
The error is E14 (one long flash and 4 shorts), and the web server reports a Raid Array1 Error
The restructure button is grayed out and both drives are checked...

I called customer support and they think that both hdd were taken out somehow or may be the controller...

I will try forcing the firmware update (I am not sure how but I am sure there is a post somewhere) but now I am trying to install ubuntu on a seperate machine and see if I can mount at least one of the dirve to get to the data (much more precious than the storage system it self!)

A RAID1 drive should be able to be connect as a single drive for mounting (or so I heard)

Word of wisdom, never use a back-up system for storage (and vice and versa)!!!

Message Edited by JMRibault on 08-10-2009 03:38 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »

chugger74

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »

After recovering data from a RAID1 array on a LS Pro Duo 2TB, I now get the same thing - the share directory is not accessible from NASNAVI, and logging into the LS gives me the same thing as above.

What I found was unchecking and rechecking the pair of drives makes the Restructure RAID Array button accessible, but now I'm thinking whether to reflash the ROM first, or not.   A forced flash about 2 weeks ago tanked my access to the LS completely and i have spent the better part of the past 2 weeks recovering the 100% of the data from both LS drives (lesson learned - back up the data on the LS; I got lucky ... this time).

Soooo ... update the firmware first, or restructure first?  The LS already reports to be at 3.10 firmware according to System Status, which is the latest available.  Should I reload the firmware or should I just go ahead and restructure?

I guess my question is also: will a forced flash drive the LS into a deeper state of disrepair?

Thanks

Marty