Author Topic: corrupted MKV after copying to NAS?  (Read 2674 times)

diegolaz

• Calf
corrupted MKV after copying to NAS?
« on: June 12, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »
Hello, I have a LinkStation Pro Duo (LS-WVLD4B with firmware 1.68) and copied a lot of data. Created 2 shares...1 with movies and 1 with tv shows.
What happens is that from my pc or  my popcorn, many (already happened with 20-30) movies, just show a black screen, it says in the time xx / 27 hs (instead of 2hs for example) and plays sound from a tv show in a different share... How can I troubleshoot? Is there a scan/fix that I can run on my buffalo? (it has 2 3TB WD NAS drives, and a RAID that just joins them as a 6TB drive).

Attached is a screenshot

Thank you
REgards

[attachment deleted by admin]

diegolaz

• Calf
Re: corrupted MKV after copying to NAS?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:11:19 AM »
sorry, attachment didn't work....

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
Try using media player classic. I have all kinds of different kind of file types for my videos. And never had one problem with media player classic. I don't think I had a problem with vox either.... Hmm .. have you tried another pc or have you tried coping one that's doesn't work on to your desktop and see if it works. This will determine if it is really corrupted. Usually corrupted files don't open or freeze players.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

monica66

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »
In fact, to stream MKV files from NAS to HDTV, PS3 or other media players is not hard work. If the NAS does DLNA, you can try a DLNA/UPNP client. There are several apps out there but none of them do a particularly good job on HD MKVs. What you can do is to convert MKV to a compatible format and then you can share it off the NAS effortlessly.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:41:08 PM by monica66 »

diegolaz

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:07:40 AM »
Thanks for the replys. The problem is not streaming as I can view some movies and all TV shows ok..the thing is there are 20-30 movies that have this issue....as if they fail to read or got corrupted when I copied them to the NAS....

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
I am assuming if you copy them back to your pc there fine right? If so is there a hidden file called thumbs.. delete that.. and try again. Or copy it over to the other share and see if that helps. There just be a issue just with the unit streaming it so it shows up like this. If the file was corrupted, when you copy it over to your pc. The same issue will still be there. If not its the file and the linkstation.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people