Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N in client bridge mode - questions  (Read 3444 times)

eetimm

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300N in client bridge mode - questions
« on: March 30, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
I just moved to a new office (I am a solo consultant) and the office complex offers free wireless Internet.  I set up my WHR-HP-G300N router in client bridge mode so I could establish my own wired network for my 3 PCs.  Everything works great, but I have a few questions that are bugging me....

1.  After setting up the client bridge mode, I am unable to log back into the admin page of the router.  The default gateway is showing as the gateway from the AT&T router, but I can't seem to find the correct address to reach the Buffalo router.  This sounds to me like something that should be simple and I am just not seeing it...

2.  How secure is this?  My intent in setting this up was to protect my devices by having them on their own network, but the IP range I get from the AT&T router is what is being served up to my PCs.  I can see all of the devices connected to the AT&T router using the Fing network discovery tool on my Android phone, but when on any of my PCs I can only see my three devices when browsing the network.  Given that I can't see any other devices when browsing on my PCs leads me to believe that others can't see my PCs, but I want to be certain. 

If anyone can give me some guidance here I would sure appreciate it.

Regards,

ET

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WHR-HP-G300N in client bridge mode - questions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 07:39:49 AM »
1. You need to check the DHCP client list on the AT&T router to see what IP address it is giving the Buffalo.
2. Not very. You could bridge the connection to a different subnet but you need the IP of the Buffalo to do this.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!