Author Topic: To inquire WHR-HP-G54 (router) capability  (Read 5539 times)

JaceAkhtar

• Calf
To inquire WHR-HP-G54 (router) capability
« on: September 17, 2021, 08:09:25 PM »
 I recently purchased this router (WHR-HP-G54) and it a solid product. I am very pleased with it. However, my house has two floors. So I have some electrical equipments that need some network 10.0.0.0.1 connections on the first floors. I am considering to purchase another router for them but I am not sure if it is going to work like I thought. I would like your tech input because I want to use the wired network 192.168.10.1 for these equipments.

My thought is that I could connect my second router to my first through wireless. Then, my second router could give access to those equipments on my first floor. I am not sure what term I should use for this situation but I believe it does exist. In other words, either one of these routers will be hardwired from my cable then the second one will pick up the signal from wireless and acts as an 192.168.1.254 Acceess Point or Router. Please enlight me.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 06:56:13 PM by JaceAkhtar »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: To inquire WHR-HP-G54 (router) capability
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 08:12:18 AM »
It can be done using WDS on the router but you need another WHR-HP-G54, considering they are nearly 15 years old, outdated, only have 100mbit ports and 54mbps WLAN i'd suggest dumping it and looking into a proper modern MESH system or use powrline adaptors.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!