Author Topic: Canīt connect to LinkStation Live on Windows 7  (Read 4112 times)

rhudin

• Calf
Canīt connect to LinkStation Live on Windows 7
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »

Hi!

I have serious trouble connecting to my LinkStation live. I bought it some years ago but have never really managed to connect to it properly via router. Today I gave it a shot, but failed again.

After running LinkNavigator I only got the "No available LinkStation found" message. I also got the same message in NasNavigator.

I have three computers: one desktop Windows 7 Home Premium, one laptop Windows 7 Home Premium and one Mac Mini running OSX.

On the desktop I only manage to connect via IP address in Firefox. There is no connection via NasNavigator.

The Mac Mini automatically shows the LinkStation in Finder. From there I can see all the folders and files.

On the laptop I also manage to connect via IP address in Firefox and via Windows Media Player. I canīt write anything to the disk and NasNavigator canīt find it.

I really would need some help to solve this problem once and for all so I can make proper use of my LinkStation.

The LinkStations model number is LS-CH1.0TL

Firmware version is 1.06

I disabled anti-virus on the computers and all my firewalls, both on computers and router.

The router is a Belkin N1 Vision .11n 300Mbps

Thanks

Rhudin

Mastermind

• Tatanka
Re: Canīt connect to LinkStation Live on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:51:36 AM »

Hello,

What is the internal IP of your router? (Standard its 192.168.1.x(xx))

Also could you give me the name of a folder in '/' (top level). Please note that the name is case sensative.

NOTE: If your looking for the folders in FTP give me the name of a folders that is in '/disk1/'

rhudin

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 06:14:31 AM »

Hi!

The IP is 192.168.2.1

The two folders in top level (as I can see) is "share" and "info".

/Rhudin

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »

Make a schortcut to the following path:

\\192.168.2.1\share

It should either let you in or ask for a password.

The password is either the admin password or the password of a hduser you need to create, can't remember