Author Topic: Buffalo HD-PX320U2 Ministation  (Read 4861 times)

mmodawgg

• Calf
Buffalo HD-PX320U2 Ministation
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »

Whenever this item is connected... It cannot be accessed. No matter how many times it asks you to set up. It does not work. Buffalo HD-PX320U2 Mini Station.

I have never had a portable drive act in this manner??? Using an XP machine. All other portable USB devices are fine. I've attempted to set this drive up on 2 different PC's now. No luck at all. I can get the to set up files and thats it. Even after successful install... nothing works. Brand new, outof the box. Purchased last week. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo HD-PX320U2 Ministation
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »
Does it show up in disk management?  Do you have the external power cable plugged in?  Is it a desk top or a laptop?

DH

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »

I have similar problem.  I just purchased Buffalo HD-PX320U2 Ministation 320GB.

I'm using Vista SP2 and when I plug in the drive, it freezes the window explorer and Disk Management shows up blank.

If the drive is plugged in during the reboot/boot it freezes the window after logging in.

After 5-10 minutes or so the drive shows up on the window explorer and everything seems to go back to normal.

If this problem persists, I'll be returning the drive.

DH

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »

The problem was caused by Nero 8.  The drive works fine after I uninstalled Nero 8.