Products > Storage

Problem getting Vista 64-bit to map to Linkstation HS-DH500GL

(1/2) > >>

tombarnwell:
   I can't get my new Dell 64-bit Vista laptop to map the Linkstation.  I can see it on the Network and access the setup page, but can't map the share folder.  I found two KB articles, one involving a registry patch that I did but didn't solve the problem.  The other one says "Windows Vista 64-bit does not always have usbstor.inf in c:windowsinf."  In can find usbstor.inf in a folder on the D: drive, but am not sure where to put it.  There's no folder c:\windowsinf" but I do see "c:windows\inf" which has multiple subfolders.  Does the INF file go there or in a subfolder? I've been waiting on the phone for Tech support for probably 20 minutes and am not getting through. Tom

kevin:
Well this device does not use usbstor drivers (those are for USB devices), you do have this connected through ethernet, correct?

tombarnwell:
   Yes, connected via a linksys wireless router. 

kevin:
Does the Nas Navigator find the unit? (You can d/l that from this site if you do not have it already).If so what Firmware version does it give you?  

tombarnwell:
   That's another problem -- when I tried to install NAS Navigator, it said I needed to run it from an administrator account even though I was in an administrator account (the only user account on the computer).  THe firmware is 2.10. I just spent an hour on the phone with your Tech Suppport and we tried to update the firmware from 2 different machines, one that can see the share (32-bit Vista laptop) and the one that can't (64-bit VIsta laptop).  I can log onto the Linkstation going thru the browser for either computer -- that's how I got the firmware version.  So the computer clearly sees the Linkstation and can access it -- I just can't get to the share. I have to go now so had to get off the phone with Tech Support -- any other ideas on what to try??? Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version