Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 26121 times)

jslim38

• Calf
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »

Hello guys and gals new to the buffalo tech forum. And new to the buffalo all together.Im happy that my new Wzr-HP-G450 is on the way and i cant wait.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »

Welcome to the Buffalotech forums!

Untwom

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:27 AM »

I'm also a newbie in this forum. My brother recently bought Buffalo N150 and I'm helping him setup the router so he can access the internet. :)

donls

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:52:40 PM »
I'm a newer newbie than previous posters. This is my first Bison Tech product.

Just got a LS-XL (LS-X3.0TL) Link Station Live for my sweetie (on her birthday). Finally got it plugged in - no problem accessing it and/or running the software on my MacOSX 10.9 MacBook Pro, but her MacOSX 10.5.8 Mac Pro G5 (nor mine) can't run the NASNavigator software. Installer is marked as Universal, but NASNavigator is Intel only. Also have good luck running on our older Intel systems (but 10.9 starts with the NAS already visible on the desktop).

Any suggestions for connecting with an old PPC system? Box indicates it should work with 10.3.9 or later, but says nothing about what CPU is required.

donls

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 09:01:54 PM »
Ok, I found the solution.

I was able to find the IP address of the NAS by running the setup software on one of the newer machines (which started up Firefox to address the NAS, independent of the default browser setting). [In this case, firefox ran on a Parallels VM rather than on my main machine] I could have also found the IP address by examining DHCP settings from a number of sources.

Once I found the IP address, I was able to connect to the NAS using a browser on the older machines (or the newer ones) and turn on AFP. Once that was done, the older machines were able to connect to the NAS.

As far as I can tell, the only thing the NASNavigator software does is launch a web page connected to the NAS admin server.

peter.kendrick

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:27:18 AM »
I just ordered AirStation AC1200 and I am excited to set it up upon receiving. Can someone guide me how to set it up? any link?

oroloren

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 04:40:30 AM »
I am also a newbie in this forum. Hope will be helpful to the community. Good luck to all!

pawder

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 08:32:14 AM »
hello, I'm newbie here, nice to meet you

Walterschafer

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 12:09:39 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.

GeffenGebbia

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2022, 07:15:31 AM »
Hello everyone, how's it going? It's my first time here. Happy to be a part of this community. In my free time, I love to learn new activities and games. I love to wear Karl jacobs shop products.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:25:41 AM by GeffenGebbia »

jameswell95

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 05:33:03 PM »
I'm now satisfied since I invested in a pricey makeup collection and cool George not found accessories and a sizable organiser. I am a makeup artist, and I have always wished to upgrade my equipment and cosmetics. My wish was realised thanks to a North Carolina payday lending provider. A loan, in my opinion, is an excellent approach to realise your ambitions.

Liamelijah5430

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
hello, It's wonderful to meet you. I'm new here. It's excellent that you shared this, and I appreciate it. Additionally, I need to locate Bad Bunny hoodies. I want to get my son this for Christmas.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 07:53:32 AM by Liamelijah5430 »