General > Lounge - Everything non-product related

(1/3) > >>

jslim38:
Hello guys and gals new to the buffalo tech forum. And new to the buffalo all together.Im happy that my new Wzr-HP-G450 is on the way and i cant wait.

drmemory:
Welcome to the Buffalotech forums!

Untwom:
I'm also a newbie in this forum. My brother recently bought Buffalo N150 and I'm helping him setup the router so he can access the internet. :)

donls:
I'm a newer newbie than previous posters. This is my first Bison Tech product.

Just got a LS-XL (LS-X3.0TL) Link Station Live for my sweetie (on her birthday). Finally got it plugged in - no problem accessing it and/or running the software on my MacOSX 10.9 MacBook Pro, but her MacOSX 10.5.8 Mac Pro G5 (nor mine) can't run the NASNavigator software. Installer is marked as Universal, but NASNavigator is Intel only. Also have good luck running on our older Intel systems (but 10.9 starts with the NAS already visible on the desktop).

Any suggestions for connecting with an old PPC system? Box indicates it should work with 10.3.9 or later, but says nothing about what CPU is required.

donls:
Ok, I found the solution.

I was able to find the IP address of the NAS by running the setup software on one of the newer machines (which started up Firefox to address the NAS, independent of the default browser setting). [In this case, firefox ran on a Parallels VM rather than on my main machine] I could have also found the IP address by examining DHCP settings from a number of sources.

Once I found the IP address, I was able to connect to the NAS using a browser on the older machines (or the newer ones) and turn on AFP. Once that was done, the older machines were able to connect to the NAS.

As far as I can tell, the only thing the NASNavigator software does is launch a web page connected to the NAS admin server.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version