Author Topic: LPV3-U2 USB Print Server Web Interface  (Read 16667 times)

shealys

• Calf
LPV3-U2 USB Print Server Web Interface
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »

I have successfully installed this print server and have it working from both Windows and Mac OS.  But - I have never been able to access the web-based configuration utility.  It asks me for a user name and pw, which I thought were the same as the ones I entered via the windows utility (lpv3utility.exe), however this does not work.  Any ideas on how I can get onto the web-based utility, or what the default user name/pw combination is?  Thanks, in advance...

shealys

• Calf
Re: LPV3-U2 USB Print Server Web Interface
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any takers on my issue...

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »

The username is root and there is no password.

shealys

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »

Thanks, Josh - that did the trick.  I'm glad I asked here because there is no mention of the user ID or PW in the manual.  I also found that the windows .exe utility will bring up the settings but when I change them via that program, the setting don't stick, even if you click 'save settings'.  However, now that I can get into the web interface, all works as it should.  Thanks again....

princealbertofp

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »

hi, you said that you have this up and running on a Mac.  can you help me get my Mac set up?  i already have this running for Windows.  thanks!

shealys

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »

No big deal, really.  I set it up with the web interface using a static IP (from within the pool my router uses - 192.168.100.x).  Then in the printers section of system preferences, I added an IP printer, using the print server's IP, the HP JetDirect protocol (it's fairly generic so that's a good choice for most things) and the driver for the printer I have - that's it.  Should be fairly straight-forward...

chenchen21621

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 12:43:43 AM »

can you help me get my Mac set up? i already have this running for Windows. thanks!

oridroo

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 08:53:44 AM »

I think Sashly gave the easiest way to you. So, try it. I got result by applying it.

garyobrien

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »

If it's any help, I was able to easily set up an Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer using the LPV-U2-US USB Print Server in Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I downloaded the latest Epson driver package (v8.6) through the Mac OS Software Update. NOTE: Up-to-date drivers for Mac are no longer available on the Epson site, but older versions are.

Steps to success: 

• Configure the print server. I assigned it a fixed IP address from my router's address pool (as mentioned above) and gave it a recognizable name. Left all else at default settings.
  • Add a printer, either from an application's print dialog, or from System Preferences->Print&Fax->Add Printer. Mac OS X will see the print server via Boujour? with the name you gave it.
  • Give the new printer a name. In the Print Using: pulldown menu? go to Select Printer Software. For some reason, this has to be done manually - the Add Print tools don't see the drivers.
  • Search for R200 in the Printer Software list and select the "Epson Stylus Photo R200 - Gutenprint v5.2.3 driver", NOT the Epson SP R200 series driver.

The Gutenprint driver was the key - I had been using the manufacturer's driver with no success. The OS could talk and listen to the print server, but not the driver.

According to Apple's support site for Snow Leopard, (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669?), "Some of the included drivers were developed through the Gutenprint and CUPS open source projects. You can identify these drivers by looking for "Gutenprint" or "CUPS Sample Driver" next to the model name.  You might use one of these drivers if no Snow Leopard-ready driver is available from a printer's manufacturer. Please note that these compatibility drivers may not support all features of your printer, and the printer's manufacturer does not provide support for using these drivers.?"

I have not done exhaustive testing, but the driver options seem to be adequate for most of the printing one would do with this printer. 

The web browser configuration interface for the LPV3-U2-US print server is confusing - it's not been updated for awhile. It allows configuration of printers via the Rendezvous network protocol which apparently isn't supported by Snow Leopard.

Hope this helps!

Gary O'Brien

Photographer

Charlotte, NC

http://garyobrien.com

vuong49ctu

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »
Hi, all
I have a LPV3-U2 USB Print Server and I configured every thing is OK but my printer is not online. Please see attached file, my printer is Canon LBP 2900. Thank you so much.