Author Topic: Why does my Link Theater keep disconnecting from the network?  (Read 12385 times)

ronras

• Calf
Why does my Link Theater keep disconnecting from the network?
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:13:44 PM »

Why does my Link Theater keep disconnecting from the network? It seems to lock up and then I try everything. turning it off, unplugging it. Nothing seems to worek. This is VERY frustrating.

What can I do to prevent this. A fixed IP perhaps?

Thanks

alchav21

• Calf
Re: Why does my Link Theater keep disconnecting from the network?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:37 AM »
   How are you connecting to your Network, Wired or Wireless?  What kind of a Router are you using, and is it set up properly?  Please give more details.  If set up properly the Router will assign an Internal IP Address.

ronras

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »

I am connecting via Ethernet. The router is assigning IPs. Every computer on the network works fine.

It will connect to the network and if left idle it will loose connection. I've tried unplugging and turning the Link Theater off but this does not work. I've had the best luck by unplugging the eathernet cable from the Link Theater and plugging it into a laptop. Once the connection is made I plug it back into the Link Theater and it may or may not link to the network.

Sometimes it links to the network and will freeze durning a movie and then loose connection from the network.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
What model link theater do you have, and what firmware are you running?

alchav21

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

I have one of the first Link Theater PC-P3LWG/DVD, I've had it almost 5 years with no problems.  I'm also connected Ethernet, who set up your Ethernet was it all tested properly (568A?)  Did you set it up according to the Link Theater Manual, and are you using Link Theater Software?  I did upgrade my Firmware, I think it is 08..... Something but I don't think that is the problem.  Something is not connected properly if you lose connection or it locks up.

I have DVD Movies back-up on my PC in my computer room and Server in the garage and I can stream them to my 62" Mitsubishi HDTV with no problem.

I went into my Set-up and looked up some settings, my Firmware is below:

08-31-050711-02-LTI-240-000

Go into your Set-up and tell me what you have under IP, should be your IP Address, Subnet, Primary DNS, Secondary DNS, and Default Gateway.  Let me know if this is what you have.

Then under Network:

Network - Wired

AOSS    - On

Available- None

SSID     - Buffalo

Conn     - Infrastructure

Wep      - Disable

Message Edited by alchav21 on 10-27-2008 11:03 PM
Message Edited by alchav21 on 10-28-2008 03:48 AM

ronras

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »

Not sure if software = Firmware but my software is LT-H90_1.12_20081006_0940

Current Network Status shows:

Connection: Wired

Configuration: DHCP

IP: 192.168.0.30

New Mask: 255.255.255.0

DNS#1 : 192.168.0.2

DNS#2: Unknown

The list of things you have like AOSS, SSID Conn, Wep I do not see listed.

alchav21

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »

Firmware is a type of software, but it controls the way a Device operates, in this case the Link Theater.  Which Model do you have?  The Set up I'm talking about is in the Link Theater, accessed with the Link Theater Remote on your HDTV there is a Set up Button.  You will see 4 or 5 Categories, two of them are IP and Network.

What happen to you Ronras, are you still trying to figure out what to do?  I guess you were talking about Firmware, but here is a Link to the software you need for your computer.  The latest Version is 1.6.  If you set up everything according to the User Manual it should work.

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/

Message Edited by alchav21 on 10-31-2008 12:04 AM