Author Topic: WHR-HP-GN unable to connect to internet, shows WAN disconnected when attempting to connect.  (Read 1755 times)

dstke

• Calf

Model: WHR-HP-GN

Firmware: V24-SP2 14998 (just re-flashed)

ISP: ATT DSL

Computer: HP Laptop with Vista

Problem:  

Turned on DSL modem (Speedstream 5100), Router (Buffalo WHR-HP-GN), Voip ATA (Obi100), Femtocell (Verizon Wireless Network Extender), unable to conect to internet.

Connected to router over wireless, WAN showed disconnected, pressed the 'connect' button, briefly flashed that the WAN was disconnected then back to status screen showing disconnected status.

Connected PC to modem directly and was able to connect to internet

Disconnected all other devices

Reset WAN settings using basic setup wizard and noticed that the WAN username changed to 'root' and the Wireless SSID changed to 'admin'

Performed 30-30-30 reset (30 seconds holding reset button - 30 seconds unplugged still holding reset - and 30 seconds plugged in continuing to hold reset buttom)

Reconfigured router, still unable to connect

Downloaded latested version of firmware (did not check to see what was previously installed but the router has been running fine for at least a year)

Reconfigured router, still unable to connect and still noticing changes to configuration settings when using the set-up wizard.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Doug

dstke

• Calf

One correction, when in the WAN status page and pressing the 'connect' button the page briefly flashes  'Connection Type: disabled'  

For DSL I'm using PPoE.

Just checked settings and under the Setup tab, WAN Setup the username and password changed from my settings to 'root' and 'admin.'  

Should I re-flash?

dstke

• Calf

Bricked.

Tried to downgrade firmware to 14896.  First flash took but on reset router is no longer accessible.