Author Topic: SNMP Traps blocked by WHR-HP-G300N  (Read 1831 times)

rdennis

• Calf
SNMP Traps blocked by WHR-HP-G300N
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »

I have 3 WHR-HP-300N routers at 3 different locations and all three seem to block SNMP trap messages sent through them. I have a central SNMP server that receives the traps, and I just realized that all 3 sites with these devices are not receiving any alerts. I have tried both the 14512 and 14998 DD-WRT firmware as well as the generic 14896 firmware, and all three are blocking the traps. I swapped the router at one location out with a Linksys WRT-54GL and it is allowing the traps through just fine, without making any changes to anything else on the network, so I feel confident that it is in the router, and not anywhere else in the system. I even setup a test site, and played around with various settings on the WHR-HP-300N and was unable to get it to ever allow the packets through.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or have any ideas as to why these are being blocked?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: SNMP Traps blocked by WHR-HP-G300N
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:52:41 PM »

Have you tried the friendly version of firmware? 1.82?

rdennis

• Calf
Re: SNMP Traps blocked by WHR-HP-G300N
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »

I must be wrong, but is it not possible to set a static wan IP address up on the friendly version??? I spent an hour looking for a way to configure something except PPPOE. If it is possible it certainly isn't 'Friendly'!