Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware  (Read 43606 times)

snk

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH + DD-WRT Factory Firmware
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »

Yeah, the options are there, but they do nothing :(

gexgeko

• Calf
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2010, 09:40:29 AM »

• To revert from DD-WRT back to stock firmware, go to Here and Read "To revert from DD-WRT back to stock firmware, go to"
  • This is the 1.6 stock firmware. You can then upgrade to the latest Buffalo firmware.
  • I just purchased this router for a Christmas present and am setting it up so the person can just plug n play it :)
  • I upgraded to the latest Latest Buffalo (User-Friendly) Firmware Update 1.76v and am quite happy and will be sticking with this.
  • get the Latest Buffalo (User-Friendly) Firmware Update Here
    :smileytongue:

• Steve257

• Calf
    « Reply #77 on: December 09, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »

I've tried the DD-WRT from  Buffalo, and have no problems with the WiFi or Routing, But...

One of the features I really wanted was the NAS built in to the router.  When I received it (the router), I set it up with the factory firmware (1.72).  As soon as everyting was up and running, I checke for an update and saw that 1.74 was available, so I installed that.  Afterwards, I was completely unable to get to the internet!

So, I figured I'd revert to the 1.72, but after downloading it (bypassing the router, going straight to the cable modem), 1.74 wouldn't let me 'downgrade' to an earlier version :smileysad:  That's when I downloaded and installed Buffalo's DD-WRT.

Like I said earlier, everything works just fine except I've been unable to get the USB NAS to work.  I've found and tried a lot of setups on DD-WRT forums, and I think I've got my disk setup with the right Linux partitions (not an easy feat, as I'm definately not a Linux person), but it doesn't

'mount', so I can't get to the disk.

Bottom line -- how can I revert back to either 1.72 or the latest firmware (if it works) on my router?  I've seen something about loading the 1.6 version of the firmware and then 'upgrading' to the version I want.  Why can't I just go from DD-WRT to the latest release? OR, will DD-WRT more easily support the use of NAS on USB drives in a near future release?

Also, how do I use DD-WRT to load the original Buffalo firmware?

Thanks for any help from anyone.

Steve

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
    « Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »

There should be no need to 'downgrade" the firmware on the router.  The latest version of the firmware for this router is 1.76.

You can change the firmware from DD-WRT to the 1.76 in the Administration->Firmware Upgrade section of DD-WRT, just specify the User Friendly firmware you downloaded from the Buffalo website and click Upgrade to begin the process.  Changing firmwares can take some time, usually about 6 to 10 minutes, and must be done from a hard-wired PC.  If you try to do a firmware upgrade from a wireless client, you will turn your router into a doorstop.

Speebs

• Calf
    « Reply #79 on: December 15, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »

I received this router from Newegg yesterday and am having nothing but trouble with it.  It's extremely frustrating coming from the WHR-HP-G54S which I have two of and absolutely love.

I was and still am experiencing TERRIBLE LAN and WLAN speeds, so I upgraded to the most current version of DD-WRT.  I am now UNABLE to "upgrade" it back to either the stock Buffalo-branded DD-WRT (which I got from this site) or the "user-friendly" version (1.76, also from this site).  The upgrade fails every time.

How do I "downgrade"?

hanscs

• Calf
    « Reply #80 on: December 17, 2010, 02:21:16 AM »

I also recently made the switch from stock buffalo firmware to Buffalo DD-WRT firmware on this router.

I just discovered that wifi security was completely disabled on the router, even though all the wifi security settings were properly configured, with the default WPA2 settings.

Use Buffalo DD-WRT distro with extreme caution people. Personally I am done with DD-WRT.