Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH wireless chokes under heavy load at times  (Read 1916 times)

esinek

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH wireless chokes under heavy load at times
« on: July 06, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »

Hi All,

Here's my router's info:

WZR-HP-G300NH?

DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (08/19/10) std - build 14998?

What's happening is this: I will be streaming video to my iPad and the wireless will just cut out completely.  When I noticed it on my iPad (video just stops), i checked my phone and my laptop and neither of them see the wireless either - so it's not just the iPad.  I've noticed that if I reboot the router once a day i will not see this issue.

Does anyone have a recommendation to resolve the issue?  Or, is there a way for me to schedule the router to reboot itself at say 4am every day?

Thanks in advance,

--Ed

esinek

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH wireless chokes under heavy load at times
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »

after reading this post

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/Schedule-Auto-Reboot-WZR-HP-G300NH/m-p/57452/highlight/true#M8756?

I went to "Administration > Keep Alive" and in the "Schedule Reboot" section, scheduled my daily reboot for 3am.  I guess I'll see tomorrow if it worked.

esinek

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:47:25 PM »

brian_nathaniel wrote:

If scheduling the automatic reboot does not solve the issue, I recommended flashing to the friendly version of the firmware and seeing if the problem persists.

Unfortunately, it has not solved the problem.

I'm curious why you recommend flashing to the friendly version of the firmware?  Does it work more reliably, less buggy, other improvements?

If I were to flash to the friendly version, I assume that would be the 1.76? version for my router found on the downloads page.

Also, if i were to flash the firmware, how can I save my currently firmware settings in case i want to revert to this firmware and don't want to enter all the info again?

Thanks in advance.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »

i get issues with streaming over the wifi, with an N client or G after a while using the friendly firmware the router will just end up restarting itself. not sure why it crashes but i suspect it cant handle the load. very odd though. could be firmware issue.