Author Topic: DriveStation TurboUSB  (Read 2549 times)

Higgsy

• Calf
DriveStation TurboUSB
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:10:22 PM »

I turned my computer on the other day and wouldnt load into windows, i found out that the error was being caused by my External HD Buffalo Drivestation HD - HS500U2 im running windows XP it wont load at all and when i plug it in it somehow is conflicting with windows, so when its turn on i try to do something it will lock up my windows, even on powering down it will make it hang untill it turn the hd off manualy, the Red access light on the HD is staying on constant the fan and HD is working as you can hear it boot and run like its reading. Any ideas? so much stuff on there i need

Thanks in advance Higgsy

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: DriveStation TurboUSB
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:06 PM »
   Trying it on another computer is an idea, also there could be some weird compatibility issue between your xp machine and drivestation.  I've heard of people having problems with multiple ext hd's from a variety of manufacturers where the computer wants to try to boot off of the device even though the computer was already on.  Try to make sure you have the most up to date drivers for your usb ports along with the most up to date service packs for your windows.

Higgsy

• Calf
Re: DriveStation TurboUSB
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 04:35:04 PM »

Yeah everything is up to date, i have 2 of them running and both have been working fine for a long time now... just suddenly when i woke up one morning i got this... and it wont work, i havnt tried them on another computer hadn't had chance but i will do that and post a reply on how i get on :)

Thanks Higgsy