Author Topic: "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer."  (Read 3157 times)

lucidse

• Calf
"The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer."
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »

My Buffalo drive stopped working since last night. It was on my laptop and attached by USB when it was knocked over the table and hung off the side. Now whenever I try to reconnect my HD I get the "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer." I reset the PRAM and tried Disk Utility but nothing works so far (Disk Utility doesn't even detect the HD). Also, there's a strange whirring sound coming from the HD itself, like it's trying to start up, but fails. 

Is there anything I can do before I bring it to a recovery service? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have a Buffalo HD-PXT1.0TU2-RD that I bought overseas in Japan. 

I am running a Macbook with OS X 10.8.2.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer."
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:15:44 AM »

if there is a strange noise coming from the unit and you have tried it on a different PC/MAC with a different cable and if it is still not appearing in disk utilty then your only option would be data recovery.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

lucidse

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »

Thanks. Sucks because it's not even a year old yet. 

womut

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:36:18 AM »
I had the same problem and now fixed it by checking this article:How to Fix The Disk you Inserted was not Readable by this Computer