Author Topic: CS-X2 won't boot  (Read 2487 times)

creepwood

• Calf
CS-X2 won't boot
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
When I plug my drive in with power and ethernet it just blinks blue for hours and hours. I suspect that the OS has been damaged somehow. What should I do to replace it?

creepwood

• Calf
Re: CS-X2 won't boot
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »
Forgot to say, I cannot access it via web. according to my DHCP server, it doesn't get any IP-number either.

creepwood

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »
ping.

cristen_

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »

If the power light is consistently flashing on the front of the unit, then it appears that the unit is in EM mode. Do you have the Nas Navigator software installed on your computer? If you do not, then this software can be downloaded here:

Windows:

http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/nasnavi-256w.zip

Mac:

http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/nasnavi-256.dmg.zip

After installing the Nas Navigator software, even if the unit is in EM mode, you should be able to see the device listed in the Nas Navigator. If you are able to see the unit listed here, then to troubleshoot, you would want to perform a forced firmware update, instructions available here:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-5-Force-Firmware-update-procedure/td-p/100317

creepwood

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 03:55:12 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I installed the software on my laptop and tried to scan for the cloudstation. In the scan it says it scans for tera/linkstations but I guess the software is universal. However, it does not find any drive. The blu light is blinking constantly, never changes. When I lift the cloudstation up, it seems the hdd is spinning constantly as well. Is it ok if the drive is just hooked up to the LAN or should I connect it directly via ethernet into the computer?

cristen_

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »

Yes - from here, you would want to hardwire your unit directly to your computer using a standard Cat5 cable. After making sure that any wireless network connections have been disconnected, give the unit about 30 seconds before refreshing (or launching) the Nas Navigator software. Does the unit come up at a self-assigned 169.254.x.x IP address, or any other IP address for that matter?

creepwood

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
Sadly, that didn't work either. I even try to restart my computer without having any network connection. It got the IP-number 169.254.16.6 on my computer just to be sure that it wasn't any problem with gateways. It just won't find the drive. I consider myself pretty computer proficient but I don't know what else to do. Nothing comes up.