Author Topic: Stuck Firmware Update, 2 days and counting.  (Read 3007 times)

d3mig0dj

• Calf
Stuck Firmware Update, 2 days and counting.
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »

Firmware 1.55

Linkstation Live 2TB LS-X2.0TL

IP 192.168.1.124 (I changed it)

Storage 549.6GB/1848.4GB (29.7%)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Google Chrome  23.0.1271.64m was the web broswer

So I got everything up and running when I decieded I was going to try and get this drive on the web, I setup everything to find out I didn't have UPnP (no problem I can bypass that later).    So I noticed later the firmware had an available update, I clicked and noticed it told me "Updating firmware.... Please do not close or refresh this window until the firmware update is completed.   DETAILS: Progress: Updating of the firmware has started (and there is a loading circle moving).

This has been "updating" for over two days, is this normal?     Is there a problem?   

Please help me out.

bamathrasher

• Calf
Re: Stuck Firmware Update, 2 days and counting.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:35:38 PM »

This usually happens to me, use NASNavigator to view the NAS firmware version to see if it's actually updated.. or open another tab and go to the web interface.

When I do firmware updates from the web browser I very rarely actually see the complete message, despite it actually being complete.

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: Stuck Firmware Update, 2 days and counting.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »

Restart ls and run nas navigaor if the firmware updated. If it didn`t, download it manually o to your desktop and update it that way.( Quicker)