Author Topic: [Mac OS 10.7 Lion] Linkstation Pro Duo: Link Navigator cannot install, Nas Navigator 2 does not run  (Read 3056 times)

raylam

• Calf

Nothing on the CD works. I'm getting an Applescript error:

"can't make current application into type <<class imaA>>. (-1700)"

I downloaded the Link Navigator file from http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/index.cgi?country=sg?

That didn't work either.

I downloaded Nas Navigator from the website as well, that launched and quits while scanning.

Are these software compatible with Mac OS 10.7?? I couldn't find any threads regarding this, no one seems have had these problems.

However I found the NAS' IP via my router's web interface, and managed to log into the NAS' web interface so that works.

Do I actually need the Nas or Link Navigator softwares?

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

No you don't need the Nas Navigator at all.

Open a connect to server Window (Go -> Connect to Server)

Server IP: smb://IPOfLinkstation -> Connect -> You will get a list of the shares on the Linkstation -> Select the one you want and then it will appear in Finder.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

raylam

• Calf

But something is wrong with the stability of NAS Navigator because I downloaded the firmware update, I clicked on 'update,' I see NAN Navigator launched, it manages to scan for the drive, and then QUITS.

Another time it got to the password dialog box, I enter the password, and it QUITS again!

I'm very hesitant to update now and have it quit on me mid-way into the flashing process.

What's going on here and how else can I update the firmware?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

The Nas Navigator software itself is fine, i've tested it on a range of different MAC's from 10.4 through to 10.7 and have not had any issues. The issue appears to be with your MAC itself.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

raylam

• Calf

Assuming it's specific to my MAC, the software is not giving any errors besides that Applescript error code.

And the firmware updater is quitting on me without any error codes either.

So how do you suggest I troubleshoot?

dannys81

• Calf

Guys,

I really need help right here. I am so frustrated spending money buying the Buffalo LS Duo NAS. Until now i still couldn't install them properly.

Curently on MAC Lion. Wants to factory reset but the function light blinking blue so long. Any advise on how to factory default it the right way?

Any kind of right way to factory reset it the right way? How to get it connected as after i installed NASNavigator device found but on EM. 

Please really need help a lot right now. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Danny 

syncbox

• Calf

I am running OZX 10.7.2 and have a Terrastaion Pro.

The easiest way to connect to it is to Go/ Connect To Sever ( apple K  is the shortcut ) then type in the following:- 

smb://192.168.1.150?

This will allow you to connect directly without going using Nas Navigator which crashes.