Author Topic: Linkstation Live LS-CHL F/W 1.01 Bittorrent Issues  (Read 22484 times)

newrome

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Live LS-CHL F/W 1.01 Bittorrent Issues
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »
   I hope to hear something soon concerning a firmware update soon.

SilverFoX

• Tatanka
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

same here - it is not the only problem regarding the bittorrent client...

To Paul:

another problem is that after switching the Linkstation off, waiting 5 minutes and power it on again all settings regarding the torrent client are lost (port, bandwith management and seeding) - a bit annoying when i forget to set them up again and try to play Left4Dead while having the bittorrent client download a new game demo etc -_-

regards,

SilverFoX

newrome

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
   FYI, I did report the problem concerning non-sticky preferences for the Bittorrent Client to support two weeks ago.

weitj

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 02:30:46 PM »

After playing around with the Bittorrent feature on the LS-CHL, it's placed several "bittorrent" folders on my drive.  I disabled the Bittorrent feature.  Then I tried to delete these folders and got the "Make sure the folder is not in use or write protected".  Argh!  Does anyone know how I can delete these folders?  I've rebooted several times. 

By playing around with where I wanted the bittorrent folder, the Linkstation's literred my drive with a ton of these folders.  In addition, I renamed one folder with a capital B and Linkstation created another folder which seems to be a shortcut to the other.  Help!  :)

newrome

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 03:33:19 PM »

Unfortunately I have experienced the same problem. If you connect via SMB to the Linkstation you can delete the folders, but it takes FOREVER!

In fact, if you do a drive reset and format the entire unit, it takes days...and I do mean days.

Unfortunately there is no facility for deleting from the Linkstation via an internal file manager.  

gnas969

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
   I've noticed sometimes if you try deleting files or folders via the web share access it works, where as if you try directly from the windows shared folder browser it will fail with permission errors.

weitj

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

Thanks GNAS!  I just figured that out and am coming back to post that work around. :)

To delete your protected Bittorrent folder...

1. Turn on your Web Access - Service Setup

2. In Web Access - Folders Setup set Web Access Settings to "Allow All Groups/Users" for folders that have Bittorrent folder in it.

3. Log into your Linkstation via www.BuffaloNAS.com

4. You'll notice that there's a DELETE link next to folders.  You should be able to delete the Bittorrent folders via this link. 

I've cleaned my drive up by removing 4 of these darn folders.  Whew!  Of course the question would be through web access, shouldn't the protected folders stay protected??? Hahaha.  Thanks for the response GNAS.

simonklinga

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »

Hi!

I wonder if there's a solution to the problem regarding private trackers?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Poker

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »

Has there been any solutions to torrent not starting. I had the same problem, some public (anomynous) torrents don't start at some do. Have forwarded the ports to the bittorrent client, but nothing happens...

missake

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 09:14:29 AM »

Try using port 49881-49890 insted of default port 6881.Now the Bittorrent klient works without any problems for me.

MikeRubin

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 09:46:08 PM »

My bittorent manager worked fine until about two weeks ago and then it just stopped.  I haven't made any changes to my NAS or network configuration other than to change the NAS admin password, and I have tried the suggestions here, but I am not having any luck now at all.   Any additional thoughts from anyone?  

pav

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »

I just registered to say the suggestion from missake's post worked like a charm for me. My torrents were working fine, and then for no reason they suddenly stopped working. I changed my port in the Bittorent Download Manager settings from the default to 49881. Now I have 7 torrents speeding along quite nicely. Thanks missake.

lucky

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 01:34:07 AM »

Hello,

I have a question: there is any limitation to the number of active torrents which are running in the same time in the bittorent client?

I have now 10 torrents loaded, but the last added one it's stopping after few seconds...

lucky

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

I have discovered where the problem was: 2 torrents with the same name, the client is disconecting one of them when is hapening a situationn like this...

Anyway, I am stil curious to find out if the bittorrent client has in fact any limitation in terms of torrents number which are running in the same time.

the_rockjr

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »

Good night :

Is fixed the problem with private trackers ?

Thank´s for all