Author Topic: Not Accessing Wifi on BLACK Berry 8520  (Read 1428 times)

asimdelhi

• Calf
Not Accessing Wifi on BLACK Berry 8520
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:36:27 AM »

Hi,

I just bought a new Blackberry Curve 8520 and now I am trying to connect my Blackberry Wifi through my home wifi

network. I have WCR-G54 Wireless Router with perfect connectivity at my home including PC and Laptops. But As I am

going to scan network in my Blackberry it shows my network SSID and ask WEP key to access after putting WEP key and

trying to connect it showing error Failed to obtain an IP Address. Here I want to told you that I am using a static IP that is

setup properly in my airstation configuration.

So please help me

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Not Accessing Wifi on BLACK Berry 8520
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »

What do you mean by "Here I want to told you that I am using a static IP that is setup properly in my airstation configuration." Are you sure that you are using WEP? Do you have to use WEP? You could try also disabling WPS.

asimdelhi

• Calf
Re: Not Accessing Wifi on BLACK Berry 8520
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »

Thanks for your prompt responce.

Yes I am able to connect wifi when I am disable WEP security but the question is that how could

I use wifi with security  so no one can access my wifi without my permission. I hope now you can

understand my problem and provide me solution.

As I am using wifi in my office as well as my friends home with WEP security key with the same

phone so I am geting confuse what the wrong in my home wifi setup as I wrote you earlier that

I have configure a static IP in my wifi setup so is the problem presist by the static ip or anything else?

Please help me out

Thanks