Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ  (Read 93324 times)

ngarimu

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »

Hate to do a "...but I have..." ....

...but I have a TeraStation ES within the last 12 months. Buffalo considers this product a "business class device" and as I've already mentioned my TeraStation is currently out of business.

spooky

• Calf
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »

Couldn't agree more. A dreadful situation that should never have arisen and that has been known about for many months.

bdsmith

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »

Hi PRPechek,

You are WRONG.  I just followed the instructions to setup my MacBook Pro with Time Machine for Firmware 1.54 on my LS-VL.  I followed all the instructions, and there is no section to enter the Target Host Name or Target Mac Address.

So where is it?  This is really frustrating.  I've been reading all the posts in this forum and everyone is getting pretty frustrated with the lack of support and thoroughness Buffalo has put into their documentation and products.

PLEASE assist with this?  I am not going to pay $175 for a unit that I can't even get the full benefits from.

My Stuff!  WZR-HP-G300NH, LS-VL?

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
Bdsmith,

You no longer have to choose Mac address anymore. It should be a drop down for available time machine targets as long as you are on the same network. Note if we only set Mac address like before it would break multiple Mac support.  I am sure this might be confusing but please call our support line if you need assistance and we will walk you through this.

Jay

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »

If you are in the USA/Canada, our support line is 866-752-6210. Please call and they will walk you through the setup process for the latest FW revision for Lion and Time Machine.

spooky

• Calf
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »

Looks like the LS-CHL V1 that I purchased only about 18 months ago has been abandoned...

boing

• Calf
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »

Hi Buffalo,

obviously you still respond to questions on this thread.

You just totally ignore any questions regarding firmware updates for older models. Why? Is this the chicken way of saying we will not support older models anymore?

ngarimu

• Calf
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »

Not just older models... My TeraStation ES was purchased in Jan/Feb 2011

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »

As stated previously, and this has not changed, FW updates for specific TS models are coming up. As these are business class products, these FW changes take longer than the LS series.

For LSs not mentioned yet, we are still requesting FW updates from Japan. As we haven't received an answer for these products yet, we don't have any news to report yet, but we have not given up on sending our requests to the Japan engineers. We apologize for the delay in any news whatsoever on the specific LS products missed in the last LS FW update for OS10.7 - we will post news as soon as we have confirmation of upcoming FW updates.

deagles

• Calf
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2011, 04:17:40 AM »

ngarimu wrote:

Not just older models... My TeraStation ES was purchased in Jan/Feb 2011

... and my LS-QL was bought in June 2011, less than 90 days ago !

ccarter404

• Calf
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »

Boing –

PR Dept doesn’t respond 2 us.  Per drmemory, sounds like Japan engineers respond to US when they feel like it, instead of established communication protocol b/t coworkers.  Ridiculous.

Sounds like accepted corporate culture needs a major overhaul.  Real change starts at the top.??

boing

• Calf
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2011, 01:25:22 PM »

drmemory, thanks for the info.

At least we now know that even Buffalos support does not have any information of firmware updates for the missing LS models. Some of Jays earlier posts were suggesting he knew more. 

Now that almost 2 month have passed after the lion release this all sounds to me like the probability for an update is zero.

TimS

• Calf
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »

Very much agree with ccarter404's assessment of this situation and how it has been handled.  In light of the number of complaints and threats of customer's leaving Buffalo, I would expect the PR department would have an escalation path beyond calling the engineers in Japan.  Is there not another higher level authority within Buffalo that this can be raised to in an effort to save the customer base or at least provide clear direction to the last remaining customers that have been loyally hanging on? 

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »

Jay talks with different engineers and dept heads in Japan than I do, and can find out more in-depth about certain types of information.

Delta5

• Calf
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »

Emailed Buffalo tech support to ask when the LS-CHL V1 would be available.  Here's the response:

"At this time, firmware updates for our products with native TimeMachine support
have been released to address any possible compatibility issues with Mac OS 10.7 Lion."

Sounds to me like they're done working on firmware updates for TimeMachine in Lion.  If it doesn't work now, it's probably not ever going to work.