Author Topic: TS3400 - replaced failed drive #4, now drive #3 shows as Unformatted  (Read 2234 times)

DaveF10

• Calf
Hello,

I have a Terastation (TS3400D0804) which has been operating for several years in RAID5 mode without any issues.  I recently had a disk (#4) fail and it indicated it was operating in degraded mode - so I purchased a replacement drive (BUFFALO OP-HD2.0S-3Y) and hot swapped it with the old drive.  I followed the instructions on the unit's display to rebuild the array, which it appeared to do over the next day.  All of my data appears to be available (and I do have complete backups) but it now shows Disk #3 to be unformatted.  In NAS Navigator2:

- The RAID Array List shows "Array1" in "RAID5" mode, with "Normal" status, capacity 5491.6 GB
 - The Array1 detail says "Previous RAID Mode: RAID5" with only 3 disks checked (1, 2 and 4) with Status "Array1/Normal"; Disk #3 is unchecked and the status is "Unformatted"

I have shut down and restarted the TS.  I'm sure I did something wrong, but would greatly appreciate any advice on how I can ensure that I have all 4 disks in the array and it is in RAID5 mode.

Thanks in Advance,
Dave