Author Topic: Cannot update DTCP-IP, Giving firmware error message.  (Read 31934 times)

jlanaway

• Calf
Re: Cannot update DTCP-IP, Giving firmware error message.
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »

I am also getting this error message now... just upgraded to firmware 1.60, and get prompted to update DTCP-IP.  When I attempt to do that, I get the following error:

http://postimage.org/image/63voaea3z/

The model of my device is LS-WXLBC5, current DTCP-IP version is 1.60-20120615 and I ma based in the UK.  I updated the firmware by going into web settings and letting it update, as prompted.

Thanks in advance for any help!

James

steveianson

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »

I had the same proble (chrome). To get it to work (as advised earlier) 

1) Dissable Media Server

2) Update DTCP-IP

3) Enable Media Server

4) Restart Linkstation

5) Wait for 5 mins after restart to see files.

I have 2 Linkstations and it worked on both boxes.

Hope that this helps

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
I've tried that... Unfortunately no joy! Tried it in Chrome and Firefox, both with the media server stopped and started and the results are the same.

Thanks, James

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »

have you verified that the FW was uploaded to the LS properly? FW should be uploaded via wired connection, not wireless or corruption can occur. Also, if you go to LS's   IPaddress:9050 and check Twonky version, it should be 6.0.42 if the firmware uploaded correctly.

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:12 AM »

OK - as far as I can tell, the firmware updated fine - it was done over a wired connection.

The Twonky server version shows as 6.0.42-dev 

Thanks for your help, J

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »

for those with the DTCP issue - what FW were you on, before you updated to 1.6? Were you having the update DTCP message before updating? If you don't know what firmware you were on, what is the serial number (14digit) and MAC address (both on a sticker, on the product)

Thank you

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
I think I was on firmware 1.59 - whatever was the last UK release as I always update when prompted. The numbers from the device are as follows: Mac address: 0024A59A0BC5 C S/N: 1LSWXL100500819 S/N: 65850004712099

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

You may need to do a Force Firmware update on FW 1.60. It sounds like your DTCP had gotten an error in the firmware prior to 1.60 (1.60 isn't using DTCP) and when the 1.60 was uploaded to your LS, it didn't load properly, so it needs to be uploaded again.  The instructions for Force Firmware is in the Sticky section on the front page of the Storage Board.

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

OK.  To be honest I'm not keen on doing that; at the moment, most things seem to be working (what is the benefit of updating the DTCP-IP?).

It's a shame that one has to get to this level of manual troubleshooting when all I did was follow the software prompts, rahter than try anything special - this is, after all, a consumer device!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

DTCP-IP is a feature primarily used in Japan, but not in the USA, for protecting audio and visual rights management.(DRM). We removed it in FW 1.6 for the USA FW. Sometimes a FW does not load properly the first time with electronic devices, and the FW needs to be reloaded, though this may or may not fix what you are seeing, and it could be your device needs further troubleshooting. Have you tried calling your local support team?

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »

OK - I bit the bullet and carried out a force firmware update... and the net result is no difference.

I get the same error if I try to update DTCP-IP.

I don't know if it is related, but I also seem not to be ableto see new items when I browse the DNLA server from PS3.

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »

I'm considering dropping back to the last firmware I can find on the website (1.56) - any other ideas, or shall I go with that?

If DNLA is not working properly in 1.60, it pretty much defeats the object of owning a NAS for me.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »

I apologize for any issues you are having.  IF DTCP-IP isn't updating, please send me your MAC address (12 digit code), and Product Part number (full number including capacity), FW revision, and location of purchase. Also, send me the browser type and revision that you are using for updating DTCP.   Send to drmemory@buffalotech.com and put Forum DTCP Issue in the subject line.

jlanaway

• Calf
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »

Email on its way... thanks for all your help,

James

grayhound78

• Calf
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »

Hi,

I've had the same problem with my Linkstation Pro after I updated to v1.60 from v 1.56.

I have been emailing tech support and have forced updated the FW back to v1.56 yet I am still getting the error. I've also checked languages and network settings. This solution has not been mention in communication. So I will forward my email history with info required in your post to your email.