Author Topic: Linktheater LTH-90LAN problem  (Read 3335 times)

tanjl

• El Toro
Linktheater LTH-90LAN problem
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:39:31 AM »

Currently using Linktheatre LT-H90LAN, which is great except that for certain .avi files, i can see the video but there is no sound.

When I play the avi file on my computer, there is no problem. Videos & sounds play beautifully.

Tried updating firmware but I'm already using the latest firmware.

This is becoming very frequent as I've come to realise that more & more of my newer avi files are without any sound.

Have borrowed a LT-H90WN and it is still the same, got video, no sound at all. 

Definitely not a

1. file problem as I've tested with WD Live which can play the files flawlessly.

2. TV problem as other avi files can play video and sound.

3. Connection problem as it is still conneccted from Linktheatre to TV and play other avi files properly.

Any owners having or noticing this problem with their set?

rtwo2008

• Calf
Re: Linktheater LTH-90LAN problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »

I have had the same problem with some files displaying video but no sound, other files with only sound and no video, and some files with no video or sound at all :p

The way I fixed it is that I converted all those files that were not working properly to .mkv using the x.264 video codec and AAC sound codec. I used a software called Handbrake, it is very easy to use and very effective.

If you are having a problem playing those converted files on your PC, then install a codec pack called K-Lite.

Hope this helps.

P.S: As for updates to the firmware of the Linktheather itself, I would keep my fingers crossed, as I believe that Buffalo has given up on the Linktheater product line, but that's just my opinion.